The idea of a graphical user interface for LEparagliding has long been demanded by users. The work has begun. Nevertheless, the first usable version still has no date for completion, because the work to be done is very important.
The main ideas:
- LEparagliding, continues to operate normally, doing all numerical and graphical computations in Fortran. File leparagliding.f remains the engine and most important part of the program, and continue developing.
- Pre-procesor engine continues operate normally in Fortran.
- The new graphic user interface (GUI) written in "Tcl/Tk", helps to easily build the data files pre-data.txt, lepragliding.txt and run the program.
- Tcl/Tk is multiplatform and runs in Linux, UNIX, Mac OSX, Windows,...
- It is planned full internationalization program, using interface in different languages.
- You may continue to use LEparagliding as always, editing the data files pre-data.txt and leparagliding.txt (I think this is the easiest method!).
- Of course, license GNU GPL!
Take a look of the first .tcl code:
leg.tcl Main .tcl script
d_lep_r.tcl procedure for read leparaglidind.txt
d_lep_w.tcl procedure for write new leparagliding.txt
p_le.tcl procedure for setting the leading edge parameters, using pre-processor engine
leparagliding.txt main data file
HELP is welcome! Because this is a task that requires a lot of work and knowledge, help will be welcome in any of the following aspects:
- Tcl/Tk programming. Review, cleaning, and improve the .tcl code. Structure, aspect of the widgets, ...
- Internationalization in several languages. All menus and messages should be translated into different languages. To do this in a simple way I think of a single text file containing two columns.
In the left column is the text in English, and the right column is the
text translated into another language. There will be a text file for
each language. Each sentence will be converted into a string variable, and located in the right place within the program. Example lang-ES.txt, but it is also possible to write lang-FR.txt, lang-DE.txt lang-RU.txt, lang-UA.txt, ...
Eric Fontaine (Tarnos, France) French translations, and some graphics.
Roman Ivanov (Kharkov, Ucraine) Russian and Ukrainian translations.