[en] [fr] [ru]
LEPARAGLIDING GUI (PYTHON VERSION)
GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE
Version python with full 3.16 compatibility:
The main ideas:
- LEparagliding, continues to operate normally, doing all numerical and graphical computations in Fortran. File leparagliding.f remains the engine and most important part of the program, and continue developing.
The idea of making a graphical user interface is old. Some time ago
we did some elementary tests, with scilab. Later an interface much more
finished with Tcl/Tk. And now an advanced interface with Python which
is being developed by Stefan Feuz in Switzerland.
- Pre-procesor engine continues operate normally in Fortran.
- The new graphic user interface (GUI) written in Python, helps to easily build the data files pre-data.txt, lepragliding.txt and run the program.
- Python is multiplatform and runs in Linux, UNIX, Mac OSX, Windows,...
- Planned full internationalization program, using interface in different languages (currently in german and english)
- You may continue to use LEparagliding as always, editing the data files pre-data.txt and leparagliding.txt
- Of course, license GNU GPL!
Python version lepg-py:
Note 2021-10-15: Finished a first version of lepg with full 3.16 compatibility.
The stable version can be downloaded from here:
Then there's a version called "latest", there I'm doing all my work currently.
On top of what is in the "stable" version, here I'm able to fully read and save back all the data for the Processor.
Next would be to look into an installer which would make first installation and later updates much easier.
Figure 1. Pre-processor en Python code (October 2021)
Figure 2. lepg-py
Old version Tcl/Tk here